It should be obvious to all by now that the number one priority for America needs to be an overhaul of our campaign and lobbying processes. The core objective needs to be to eliminate any and all conflicts of interest that prevent representatives from acting in the interest of their constituents.
Here’s the plan.
- Use Wiki technology to perfect language for a constitutional amendment (necessary because it must be able to stand on a par with the First Amendment) that will:
- Limit total campaign contributions individuals can make to the political process as a whole in any given year, tying increases over time to increases in the minimum wage.
- Allow for substantial public matching funds for campaigns demonstrating an ability to raise money via the small amounts above.
- Ban campaign contributions from all sources other than individuals and government matching funds
- Eliminate the concept of corporate “personhood” and then subject corporate lobbying to strict limitations
- Limit the “revolving door” between regulators and the regulated
- Increase the maximum congressional district size to 100,000 citizens and end “gerrymandering”.
- Found organizations in all 50 states to promote legislative passage of said amendment among 3/4 of the states
- Stage “Solidarity” style demonstrations and general strikes until Congress ratifies